There are no tickets currently available.
Assembling your Graphic Design Portfolio
Date: 15th October - 29th October
Duration: 3 weeks x 3 hours
Time: 5.45 pm to 8.45 pm
Location - Adelaide College of the Arts, 39 Light Square Adelaide SA 5000
This program will support you to create an online portfolio which could be used for the entry requirements for Graphic Design.
As part of the course admissions requirements for the Diploma of Graphic Design, you must provide a portfolio which showcases your technical skills and ability to:
- produce multiple examples of graphic design work that respond effectively to different design challenges
- produce typography that supports the overall design solution
- use graphic design industry software
You may have acquired these skills during formal study (such as Year 11/12) or through personal or work experience.
This program will support you to create an online portfolio using your work, which can then be used for your application.
What to bring:
- writing materials (pencils, pens etc)
- USB stick/Hard drive
Please also bring the following samples of your previous design work in Week 1:
- a poster (or similar) that contains a manipulated graphic/image, header and body text
- a logo design that is applied to a business card or similar
- a small brochure (or similar) that contains a substantial amount of text and imagery
- For each item you must show rough sketches
This course is for people 16 years of age+
Basic computer skills are essential, along with basic to intermediate skills/knowledge of Adobe InDesign or Illustrator or Photoshop
*Course runs subject to minimum student numbers