There are no tickets currently available.
Assembling your Photography and Photo Imaging Portfolio
Date: 16th October - 30th October
Duration: 3 weeks x 3 hours
Time: 5.45 pm to 8.45 pm
Location - Adelaide College of the Arts, 39 Light Square Adelaide SA 5000
This short course will assist you in meeting the requirements for portfolio entry into the Diploma of Photography and Photo Imaging.
You will be guided through the process of image review and selection, as well as learning how to write a verbal description to support your images.
You will also learn how to save images in the correct file format and how to submit your portfolio once complete.
The course delivery will be broken up into the following areas of study:
- Understanding the portfolio requirements
- One on one portfolio viewing with a lecturer
- Image review and selection
- How to write your portfolio description
- Finalising your portfolio
- Correct file type and image sizing
- How to submit your portfolio
What to bring:
Please bring along a variety of work from your current photographic portfolio in digital format. All of your images must display the manual use of camera control to obtain correct exposure and must be in focus.
Your final folio will need to consist of four images. Please bring images that demonstrate each of the requirements below:
- 1 x image displaying lighting that highlights the shape of a building (this image may be of a full building, or an architectural detail)
- 1 x portrait image, which displays soft lighting and shallow depth of field (this image may use studio or natural lighting)
- 1 x still life or product image which is composed in a way that could be used to promote the subject
- 1 x image that displays creative use of shutter speed
Please wear neat casual clothing, and closed in shoes.
This course is for people 16 years of age+
Basic computer skills are essential.
*Course runs subject to minimum student numbers