There are no tickets currently available.
Experimental Botanical Drawing
Date – 17th January 2018 – 18th January 2018
Day – Wednesday and Thursday
Duration – 2 days x 4 hours
Time – 10.00am to 2.30pm (1 hour break)
Cost - $220.00
Location – Tafe SA Adelaide College of the Arts, 39 Light Square Adelaide SA 5000
Lecturer – Fran Callen
Experimental drawing with botanical subject matter
Explore experimental and expressive drawing techniques with botanical subjects!
This fun, social class will provide opportunities for students to loosen up, discover new approaches, and increase drawing confidence. We will explore a range of exercises designed to remove the pressure of ‘getting it right’, while enhancing and developing drawing skills.
Catering for students of all skill levels, this workshop will provide a balance of technique, self-expression and experimentation.Students will extend their drawing language through the discovery of mark making, line, negative space, tone, texture, and composition, using mixed media.
No pre-requisites required, just an enthusiasm for drawing!
* Students can select, bring, and share their botanical subject matter. For example interesting leaves, gumnuts, banksias,sticks (these will also be provided).
* Exercises are designed for students to loosen up, take risks, explore and discover new approaches to drawing, and increase drawing confidence.
* Increased confidence in drawing
* Enhanced skills in observational drawing & loose expressive/experimental techniques
* Further developed language of drawing & mark making
* Broadened ideas of approaches to drawing & drawing techniques
* Developed skills for sketching quickly from life
Details of what to bring to the course will be provided before the course commences.
This is a Non Accredited course
Please wear enclosed shoes (no thongs or sandals).
* Course runs subject to minimum numbers. No refund will be granted unless TAFESA cancels the course prior to the start date in which case a full refund will be provided. No concession.
* Please note if you are an International student here on a student visa 500 you are not eligible to enrol in this short course.